Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I know I am such a muse...

2. muse - the source of an artist's inspiration;

Well, not me but someone is mine apparently.

I know that it sounds lame and corny, but my conversations with a friend always seem to leave me feeling better about myself. I have had some pretty crappy days where talking to them has made it better.

The best conversation was most definatly the night before Easter. That was also the night that we had our first real good conversation. The losing of a mutual friend has brought us closer. This frien has become the sibling I never had. I know that I have two brothers, but still. As a friend and a person this person is the best that they come. I've told them before, and now I have told the whole blogging world about it too.

Anyways.

Our conversation today was all about relationships. All kinds of topics can be covered on that one. But the part that stuck out to me the most was the part about first kisses. I had mine over six years ago. It was a pretty damn good one too if I do say so myself. Even if the two of us dont talk anymore except through myspace. I told my friend that I thought that the story of my first kiss deserved a blog. So, the next part will be a flash back...

::2002::
It was a rainy March night (sounds super lame right) and I had just gotten to Church for Break Out. I walked into the tent where we started the evening with worship. When I walked in my boyfriend of one month at the time came over and handed me a note. He told me not to open it in front of him and to open it later. So I went outside right away to open it. I know that was not what he had in mind but I didnt care. The note was sweet and while I dont really remember what it said exactly I knew that it meant something special, and that something was up. So at the end of the night my boyfriend came to pick me up from my room and take a walk with me like we normally did. We never really got to see eachother so that one night was always our night to sit and talk. Outside it was still pretty wet from the rain but thankfully it had stopped because walking around in the rain is sometimes fun, but when its somewhat late and cold it becomes not so much fun. As the night came to an end my phone rang and it was my mom telling me that it was time for me to go to the car so we could leave. I told this to my boyfriend and he for some reason would let me get up to leave. He kept looking at me, and finally without warning it happened. My first kiss. So simple and just right. I later asked said boyfriend if it was everything that he had wanted it to be. He said no, that the only thing missing was rain. Cute yes, but an even better answer would have been that it was better. But that's boys for you.

Let's come back to 2008 now.

I think that my friend is one of those that seems to get over looked. And I know that they realizes it because it has been talked about before.

But let me tell you this my friend.

I think that you are one of the best people I know. Whoever you end up with will be lucky indeed. Don't let the words of others get you down. I know that they dont, but it has to be said that you never let them. Waiting for things is always the best. The things you wait for the most turn out to be the things that are the most beautiful and worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your style of writing natalie!!! i felt like i was reading a script for a movie.

<3 elphie

Anonymous said...

oh and i forgot to tell you that i love the quote you have "sunny with a high of 75" i was about to text you and ask how you came up with it and i kid you not, the song came on with the exact words and it totally made sense though... cause it was reliant k. haha.

<3 elphie