Friday, July 18, 2008

It makes me sad...

I have spent a lot of my time off just readin up on other religions that way I can understand what they believe. I am not looking to convert, so please dont get any ideas.

I got really sad when I watched a YouTube video of this man who is a very strong Diest.

He calls every religion out there a cult.

From what I read Diests believe in a supreme God, but this God does not have anything to do with the human race at all. The people of this faith dont believe in miracles or prophecy.

I have also been reading up on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. More commonly known to people as Mormons. I made a post (which you can read here) a while back when I first started reading about it. I think that the reason I have become so interested is that my writing teacher was Mormon, and everyday that there were Mormons in teh Village at Saddleback I would get stopped by them. I dont know, perhaps I have that 'look' of a person that they can talk to. Anyways, I mainly was reading up because if I was stopped by them I would want to understand where they are coming from and be able to defend my faith and ask them questions about their own.

While doing my searching I came across this very long video that talks about the scrolls that Joseph Smith said he translated into the Book of Abraham which can be found in the Pearl Of Great Price. This book generally comes at the end of their doctrine. The ones that come before it are The Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants. I am going on a tangent, but anyways. If you have the time I HIGHLY recomend watching the video. It also goes into the story of plural marriage and who really suggested it. And it also talks about the death of Joseph Smith. Most people of the LDS faith will say that Mr. Smith died a martyr.

Here is a link to the video that I am talking about. Its about an hour long, so make sure you have the time to really watch it.

In closing all I have to say is this.

If when I die I am right then I get to spend eternity with God and be in His presence. No more pain, sorrow, tears, or even death. But if I die and I come to find out that I was wrong, then I just become a part of the earth, and my life just ends.

Which is better?

Having faith in SOMETHING, or faith in nothing at all.

Yet another group of people to feel sorry for. Those who will never put their faith in anything.

What happens to them if I am right.

And lets face it, I have the faith to say that I am right.

No comments: