Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sometimes The Hardest Thing to Believe is the Truth

It's a world full of cynics.
Who say "to stay alive in it,
you gotta stick with what you know."
But the soul is always aching,
for the heart to start taking,
a chance by letting go.
So let go, let go.
Sometimes the hardest thing to believe is the truth.


So here's a moment truth.
I think my heart has finally healed from last year. I honestly did think that it would take this long, but I am grateful all the same. Now I am pretty sure that my heart is ready to have feelings for someone again when the right person comes along. Or maybe with my 'luck', I say that because it never seems to work for me, its someone that I already know and i just see them differently.

And now for a moment of awareness.

I am pretty sure that everyone around me is involved with a member of the opposite sex. I could go down and list all the people I know and the people that they are in a relationship with, but that would take too long and most people don't know who all those people are anyways. And I'm not making this up either. I can though honestly think of three young ladies off hand that aren't in a relationship, but thats it.

It makes me feel lonely.

I guess it all sorta hit me when I read another friends blog and bulletin they posted.

I seriously don't understand how girls can just gloss over the good guys. I know a lot of them, and pretty much all of them are taken for granted. It makes me so irritated with listening to girls complain about not finding the right guy when the whole time the right guy is the one sitting on the other side of her listening to her complaints.

JM, I think you are awesome, and any girl that doesn't see that is lame and just not right for you. You'll make a great boyfriend to a girl someday I promise.

I know that I have probably done it too, but just UGH.

So another closing thought and moment of truth.
I'm a sometimes a cynic.
that says "to stay alive ,
I gotta stick with what I know."
But my soul is aching,
for my heart to start taking,
a chance by letting go.
So I'm letting go, letting go.
Sometimes the hardest thing to believe is the truth.

1 comment:

Ange said...

this is a sweet post Nat...and I'm in that category of the single ladies too! It's not all that bad -- I think we should take advantage of the fact that we're single. Enjoy it while it lasts and when God brings the right man for us it'll be SO right!
love you