Thursday, October 18, 2012

525,600 Minutes

Rent.
They said it best.
"How do you measure, measure a year"

If I had to measure in diapers I would say 2,928.
(on average that is 8 changes a day!)

Now if you wanted me to measure with laughter, I just couldn't do that.
The joy LilD has brought to my life, our whole family's life is too numerous to measure.

In inches you ask,
I would have to get back to you.  November 2.  Just wait.

In coffee.
600 cups.

In strife.
9 days.  Those 9 days where I had to leave him in the NICU were the hardest days I have ever had to endure.  But those days made me better.  Stronger.

Who would of thought that my little 4lb 15oz baby boy could change my life so much.
I knew that my life would change,
lets face it kids do that.

But I had NO idea.

LilD loves:
His mommy and his daddy.
Memaw, Papa, Grandma and Grandpa.
(Grandpa H and Daniel have a super cool bond, they both light up at the sight of each other)
His Aunt and Uncles.
(pseudo aunts and uncles count yourselves here, you know who you are)
Laughing.
Balls.
Bananas.
Blueberries.
Cheese.
Tortillas.
Chicken.
Sweet Potatoes.
(perhaps I should list what he doesn't like when it comes to food.  That would be a shorter list)
His dogs, especially Goliath.  They entertain each other by running around the living room.  Goliath.  Not Daniel. Yet.
Books.
His ABC app on the iPad.
Bubbles.
Being outside.
Sleeping in his crib like a big boy.
And too many other things to list.

Daniel James, you have changed my life and your daddy's life is so many ways.
You have rocked our world.
God knew exactly what he was doing when he blessed us with you.

You have made days shorter and time more precious.
It's hard to remember what life was like without you.
It seems so normal.
Natural.

I love you to the moon and back little man.  I can't wait to see where life takes us as a family.

No comments: