Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Typical Sunday + Kyle Loza

So today was a pretty typical Sunday.
I woke up. Got ready for Church and left for Church around 8:20ish.
So I get to church and I thought that Greg was supposed to be there so I went to the Worship Center. After I sat down and opened my bulletin I found out that it was Tom speaking. I have nothing against Tom, but I just want to be in the same room ad Greg Lauri. Anyways, I love the music in Overdrive so I went down there for service like I normally would on a Sunday.
So service starts and all it going like normal. Then the pastor for Overdrive comes on the stage to make some announcements. I noticed, and I am sure that others did also, that he had something strange around his neck.
Ya it was Kyle Loza's Gold Medal from the X-Games!
I was so shocked.
Let me be honest right now, I had no idea who he was up until about Thursday night when a customer from work was talking about going to the X-Games later that night and talking about the people that would be there.
So that night I went home and googled stuff about it because I thought that it would be interesting. I also read Bethany's blog and how Kyle had won a Gold Medal for his trick called 'Electric Doom'.
Anyways, when I read the blog I found out that Kyle is a local, from Trabuco Canyon. Not only that but he practices in 'the pit' at my church. I guess it would be better to say our church huh?
Ok, back to my story.
The Overdrive pastor pulled Kyle up on stage and we all got to clap for him.
Kyle then made the comment that the pastor got to wear the medal before he did, so the pastor then took it off and placed it around Kyle's neck.
Such a cool moment and truely something that is once in a lifetime to see.
And I should also add that this happened less than ten feet away from where I was sitting.

Here is a video of the trick that won the medal.



I should also add that Kyle is an amazing man of Christ. Such an example to so many people, and the lives he wins for Christ through Riders 4 Christ, and just everything else is so cool.

And as I write this, I just remembered that a few years ago Break Out did a Santa Ana family day and Riders 4 Christ were there.

Strange how small the world is and how fast time flies.

1 comment:

forgetxM3xnot said...

he is kinda cute too!!! :D