Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mangue or Mango

My Darling Daniel,
19 weeks 4 days
This week sadly I don't have a fruit to compare you to, you are still the size of a mango, or as the French would say 'mangue'.  I think that introducing you to a little française is a good thing.  I took French in school and so did your dad.  I'll admit that I'm not the greatest at speaking or really understanding for that matter anymore.  That's probably because I haven't been using it, so I lost it.  Hopefully one day I can pick it up again and actually remember it.  I will just have to use it, and once you're here I wont be able to blame it on pregnancy brain.


This week was a pretty awesome week.   Last week I was telling you about how Daddy wanted to feel you kick from the outside and how I told him that even I wasn't able to feel you all that much even from the inside.  Well, this Sunday on June 26 that all changed.  I had just finished eating breakfast and had my hand on my tummy on the right side and out of nowhere, my hand MOVED! That's right YOU kicked me.  I knew it was you because where else would that have come from?  I told your Daddy to come quickly and when I was pretty sure you would do it again I had him put his hand on my tummy and HE FELT YOU TOO!  He was so excited that he did his happy dance. :)


I'm getting excited to meet you.  I can't believe that this Friday marks the half way point.  I remember when we first found out how I thought 20 weeks seemed so far away and November even further.  Now, it doesn't seem so bad.  I will be honest I'm not looking forward to the California Summer with the heat, but it's not Florida with heat and humidity so I think that I will survive.  I must pick my battles.  It helps to think of things that are coming up to make the time go faster.  For instance the 4th of July is Monday and that Thursday I have my next doctor's appointment.   After that is a birthday party for Charlie and then Uncle Matt has his birthday.  And somewhere in there we are going to throw a party in your honor.  I can't wait.  There really isn't anything again until August when football season starts for this year, but I love Friday nights at MVHS watching the Diablos play.  I can't wait to hear the cadence letting us know the boys are on their way to the field.  The season doesn't start to me until I hear that.  I guess you can say I do my happy dance then.  I'm anxious to see what you do in my belly with all that noise.  But. I bet you're a trooper and will love it.

That's about it for this week.

Love you tons,
Mom

P.S.
Did you notice we took the picture 2 whole days late?  You can blame dad.  ;)
Oh, and Goliath is back in the picture too.

No comments: